The final event of the second annual Finance 101 Speaker Series concluded on Monday, April 23. The semester-long event featured guest lecturers including:
- John Lipsky, Former First Deputy Manager of the IMF
- Monica Brand, Principal Director at ACCION’s Frontier Investments Group
- Ned Offit, Co-CEO of Offit Capital
- Kay Turner, Managing Director at Citi
- John Richards, former Head of Research for RBS Asia
- Gordon Bodnar, Director of the SAIS International Economics Program
Between February and April 2012, the club hosted nine lectures as part of the series. Topics included personal finance, impact investing, the anatomy of a bank, emerging market private equity, the crisis and its implications for the international financial industry, finding a job in finance.
The SAIS International Finance Club would like to thank the JHU Alumni Association for the grant that made the Finance 101 Speaker Series possible. The club would also like to thank our distinguished lecturers for sharing their experience, insight, and knowledge with the SAIS community.
Finally, the Finance 101 Speaker Series would not have been possible without the time and effort of the International Finance Club members. Thank you to both the club members and the members of the SAIS community who attended the events and asked great questions.
Music: “Journey’s End” – Musdm
Filmed/Edited: Samuel Lee, MA ’13